Thursday, October 4, 2007

I create myself.

It seems like this is as good a place to start as any. Here is a drawing I did a few years ago in one of the thousand sketchbooks I've filled. Art is a lifelong endeavor and while most of us would like to emerge into the spotlight with a bang, life occurs in increments. Moments tick by, are you going in the right direction? Do you create yourself? I think we do daily. Today it starts again, in increments. Lines flow from thought, down your arm, out of the tip of a burnt stick or flowing like blood through a worn pen and onto the paper to describe both a body seen and soul felt. Body and soul. That's why I like drawing.
Go figure! That's more of a cheer than an invitation. I love the human figure. Its twists and turns are a map to the divine design.